Right now MyPillow, is BOGO. Use promo code “JDR” at checkout for maximum discounts and Ultra MAGA.
With summer upon us, it’s a good time to think about the little things we can do to make the world a better place and that might, perhaps, move us in that direction. Here are a few ideas.
Article by Art Carden at AIER.
- Do A Better Job Pricing Driving. I knew I was making a mistake when I offered to go pick up dinner. The kids wanted takeout from Saigon Noodle House for their birthday dinner, and since the location nearest us was replaced by yet another barbecue restaurant, our only option was the original location. Against my better judgment, I decided not to pay for delivery but to drive to get the food. During rush hour. On Highway 280. If you’ve spent much time in Birmingham, you know just how spectacularly bad an idea this is. An hour after we left the house, my older son and I picked up the food and then, since we were going against traffic, zipped home in a matter of minutes. As befits an economist, I spent a lot of our time in the car thinking about how much I and so many other devotees of the dismal science wished road access were priced so that we pay to use the road by forking over some cash instead of sitting while our time ticks by and our gas burns. It’s important to remember that a price of $0 does not mean a cost of $0, and the evaporation of real resources (in this case, time and gas) without an offsetting benefit is a cruel irony of rationing-by-waiting. If you’re concerned about this imposing a disproportionate burden on the poor, couple it with a cash rebate.
- Get Out of Innovators’ Way. It’s 2021. Weren’t we promised flying cars? We don’t have flying cars–or at least drones delivering takeout pho and spring rolls–because as Deirdre McCloskey and I argue, the Bourgeois Deal basically says “Leave me alone to let me buy see low, sell high, and innovate, and by the time all is said and done, I will have made you rich.” The economist Thomas W. Hazlett has referred to the interaction between innovators and regulators as a game of “Mother May I?” A regulatory regime that stands between innovators and consumers shouting “Stop!” or “Slow down!” or “Not without my permission, you won’t!” about things like delivery drones or ridesharing or at-home rapid Covid testing is a government failure that impoverishes all of us in the long run.
- At the Very Least, Shift the Burden of Proof So That What Is Not Explicitly Forbidden is Permitted. It might surprise some people to learn that regulators are human beings, and human beings respond to incentives. Regulators have an overwhelming incentive to be too cautious because the damage that comes from authorizing something “unsafe” is visible while the damage that comes from not authorizing something “safe” is not. I put “unsafe” and “safe” in quotes because these are in the eye of the beholder–defined in the process of their emergence, as it were–and not objectively-existing attributes of goods and services that regulators can readily figure out. While it might not be perfect, I think shifting the burden of proof from the regulated to the regulators would be a step in the right direction. Instead of requiring an innovator or entrepreneur to show that they should be allowed to do something by clearing different regulatory hurdles and getting permission and permits from various departments before allowing them to operate, they should simply be allowed to operate until the health department or another regulator makes a compelling case that they should be shut down. Let’s replace “Do you have a permit for that?” with “Here’s proof beyond a reasonable doubt that you have injured or defrauded your customers” and make it so that the regulators have to extend their imagination a little bit before shutting people down.
- End Exclusionary Zoning. Housing is expensive, in short, because the law requires it. This isn’t necessarily an intended consequence of US housing policy, but it is a consequence nonetheless. The logic is pretty straightforward: when you make it hard for people to build housing, they don’t build as much housing. When the demand for housing is rising rapidly and the supply of housing isn’t, prices go up. Furthermore, a regulatory burden changes the composition of the housing stock. Suppose you could build a luxury home for $500,000 or an affordable home for $50,000. Building a luxury home for $500,000 costs the opportunity to build ten affordable homes for $50,000 each. Now suppose you add regulations that add $50,000 to the cost of a new home whether it is a luxury home or an affordable home. Now each luxury home only costs 5.5 affordable homes. Relative to affordable housing, regulation makes luxury housing cheaper. Relative to luxury housing, regulation makes affordable housing more expensive. Builders will substitute away from affordable housing and toward luxury housing.
Exclusionary zoning laws limit what can be built where; they include “minimum lot size requirements, minimum square footage requirements, prohibitions on multi-family homes, and limits on the height of buildings.” As economists from the Council of Economic Advisers point out, exclusionary zoning laws “are seemingly non-discriminatory on their face but still negatively affect many families of color, especially Black families.” The answer? As Bryan Caplan will argue in a book he is writing for the Cato Institute, it’s Build, Baby, Build–and before you object that you don’t want an apartment complex or a hog farm in your “backyard,” get your property surveyed and make sure you mark your property lines. I think it’s pretty unlikely that anyone is proposing a housing development in your literal backyard. Might that new development impose an externality on you? Perhaps, but you should be prepared to argue that prohibiting new construction won’t cause even worse problems. Besides, if you were that concerned about having to look at ugly buildings (the loud part) inhabited by ugly people (the quiet part), you could have bought a place in a gated community with a vigilant homeowners’ association.
These may not be very likely, but a man can dream, can’t he–especially when he’s stuck in stop-and-go traffic? If, by some miracle, some of these actually happen, we can move on to other improvements when Fall rolls around.
New Conservative Network Seeks Crowdfunding Help
They say we have to go big or go home. We’re trying to go big and bring the patriotic truth the the nation, but we need help.
Readers may or may not realize that over the past year, we’ve been bringing more conservative news and opinion outlets under our wing. Don’t take our expansion as a sign of riches; all of the “acquisitions” have been through sweat and promises of greater things to come for all involved. As a result, we’ve been able to bring together several independent media sites under a unified vision of preventing America from succumbing to the progressive, “woke,” Neo-Marxist ideologies that are spreading like wildfire across America.
The slow and steady reopening of America is revealing there was a lot more economic hardship brought about from the Covd-19 lockdowns than most realize. While we continue to hope advertising dollars on the sites go up, it’s simply not enough to do things the right way. We are currently experiencing a gap between revenue and expenses that cannot be overcome by click-ads and MyPillow promos alone (promo code “NOQ” by the way).
To overcome our revenue gap and keep these sites running, our needs fluctuate between $3000-$7000 per month. In other words, we’re in the red and hemorrhaging.
The best way you can help us grow and continue to bring the truth to the people is by donating. We appreciate everything, whether a dollar or $10,000. Anything brings us closer to a point of stability when we can hire writers, editors, and support staff to make the America First message louder. Our Giving Fuel page makes it easy to donate one-time or monthly. Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal as well.
Protect your wealth from Joe Biden, Klaus Schwab, or any of the globalists who want you to own nothing. Our Gold Guy is the American patriot who can help you buy physical precious metals.
As the world spirals towards radical progressivism, the need for truthful journalism has never been greater. But in these times, we need as many conservative media voices as possible. Please help keep NOQ Report and the other sites in the network going.
Thank you and God Bless,
Most “Conservative” News Outlets Are on the Big Tech Teat
Not long ago, conservative media was not beholden to anyone. Today, most sites are stuck on the Big Tech gravy train.
I’ll keep this short. The rise of Pandemic Panic Theater, massive voter fraud, and other “taboo” topics have neutered a majority of conservative news sites. You’ll notice they are very careful about what topics they tackle. Sure, they’ll attack Critical Race Theory, Antifa, and the Biden-Harris regime, but you won’t see them going after George Soros, Bill Gates, the World Economic Forum, or the Deep State, among others.
The reason is simple. They are beholden to Big Tech, and Big Tech doesn’t allow certain topics to be discussed or they’ll cut you off. Far too many conservative news outlets rely on Google, Facebook, and Twitter for the bulk of their traffic. They depend on big checks from Google ads to keep the sites running. I don’t necessarily hold it against them. We all do what we need to do to survive. I just wish more would do like we have, which is to cut out Big Tech altogether.
We don’t get Google checks. We don’t have Facebook or Twitter buttons on our stories. We don’t have a YouTube Channel (banned), an Instagram profile (never made one), or a TikTok (no thanks, CCP). We’re not perfect, but we’re doing everything we can to not owe anything to anyone… other than our readers. We owe YOU the truth. We owe YOU the facts that others won’t reveal about topics that others won’t tackle. And we owe America, this great land that allows us to take hold of these opportunities.
Like I said, I don’t hold other conservative sites under too much scrutiny over their choices. It’s easy for people to point fingers when we’re not the ones paying their bills or supporting their families. I just wish there were more who would make the bold move. Today, only a handful of other major conservative news outlets have broken free from the Big Tech teat. Of course, we need help.
The best way you can help us grow and continue to bring proper news and opinions to the people is by donating. We appreciate everything, whether a dollar or $10,000. Anything brings us closer to a point of stability when we can hire writers, editors, and support staff to make the America First message louder. Our Giving Fuel page makes it easy to donate one-time or monthly. Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal or Bitcoin as well. Bitcoin: 3A1ELVhGgrwrypwTJhPwnaTVGmuqyQrMB8
Our network is currently comprised of nine sites:
- NOQ Report
- Conservative Playlist
- Truth. Based. Media.
- Freedom First Network
- Based Underground
- Uncanceled News
- American Conservative Movement
- Conservative Playbook
- Our Gold Guy
We are also building partnerships with great conservative sites like The Liberty Daily and The Epoch Times to advance the message as loudly as possible, and we’re always looking for others with which to partner.
Some of our content is spread across multiple sites. Other pieces of content are unique. We write most of what we post but we also draw from those willing to allow us to share their quality articles, videos, and podcasts. We collect the best content from fellow conservative sites that give us permission to republish them. We’re not ego-driven; I’d much rather post a properly attributed story written by experts like Dr. Joseph Mercola or Natural News than rewrite it like so many outlets like to do. We’re not here to take credit. We’re here to spread the truth.
While donations are the best way to help, you can also support us by buying through our sponsors:
- MyPillow: Use promo code “NOQ” to get up to 66% off AND you’ll be helping a patriotic, America First company.
- ZStack: Improve your immune system with the Z-Stack protocol or rejuvenate your body from vaccines or shedding with Z-DTox by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.
- OurGoldGuy: Tell them JD sent you in your request to buy gold and it will help us… AND (wait for it) you’ll be helping a patriotic, America First company.
- MyPatriotSupply: Stock up on long-term food, survival gear, and other things that you’ll need just in case things don’t recover and we keep heading towards apocalypse.
We know we could make a lot more money if we sold out like so many “conservative” publications out there. You won’t find Google ads on our site for a reason. Yes, they’re lucrative, but I don’t like getting paid by minions of Satan (I don’t like Google very much if you couldn’t tell).
Time is short. As the world spirals towards The Great Reset, the need for truthful journalism has never been greater. But in these times, we need as many conservative media voices as possible. Please help keep NOQ Report and the other sites in the network going. Our promise is this: We will never sell out America. If that means we’re going to struggle for a while or even indefinitely, so be it. Integrity first. Truth first. America first.
Thank you and God Bless,
All ORIGINAL content on this site is © 2021 NOQ Report. All REPUBLISHED content has received direct or implied permission for reproduction.
With that said, our content may be reproduced and distributed as long as it has a link to the original source and the author is credited prominently. We don’t mind you using our content as long as you help out by giving us credit with a prominent link. If you feel like giving us a tip for the content, we will not object!
JD Rucker – EIC